Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Essence Peel Off Base Coat

Hi Everyone!! 

I'm super excited to talk about one of my new favourite things! Essence Nail Art Peel Off Base Coat (you can find it by scrolling through the products when you click the link). 

I got this for Christmas from my mom, who picked it up when she was in Germany (because I begged her for it). I know Essence is now selling their products in most Shoppers Drug Marts in Canada, but I haven't seen this product in Canada yet. So keep your eyes peeled. 


This isn't like the regular peel off nail polish that some of you may have had when you were younger. It isn't a nail polish. It is a base coat!

So how does it work? Keep reading to find out!


When I first heard about this product I was super excited because I love glitter polish!! And anything glittery and sparkly and shimmery (as the blog name suggests)!

Alright so here is a quick How To.

Paint a single layer of base coat onto nails. You can do both hands because you do need to let it dry for a while. When you first paint it on it appears white. It will become clear as it dries. Allow it to dry for about 3 minutes. When its dry it should look like the photo below. Then you are ready to paint on the stubborn-to-remove glitter polish.


In the picture below I painted my nails with two coats of a glitter polish. Yes, it is messy, but I did this mostly for the purpose of this little tutorial. Let your polish dry. Add a top coat if you want to and you are done!

 

I find that it last a couple days on me. I have used it a few times with various types of glitter polish and even regular polish. It doesn't really chip because the base coat is a glue-like texture, holding it all together. But it can start to peel a little, not very much though. If this happens and you aren't ready to take off your glitter, then just try to cut off what has peeled. I only use this with glitter polish because I find regular nail polish is easy enough to remove. 

Now on to how to remove this. 
Super simple! Start at the edge of the nail polish and try to lift it up off the nail. It will start to peel off, just like in the picture below.

 

Some will peel off in smaller chunks, but it should still easily come off (mush easier than using regular remover).


And sometimes the whole thing comes off in one "peel" as you can see in the picture below. It doesn't take any of the actual nail off though, so worries about damaging the nails :) This picture bellow is just the peel off base coat and the glitter polish (sorry if it looks gross).


So if you love glitter polish as much as do I would recommend you keep your eyes "peeled" (haha get it, peel off base coat... bad joke) for this!!

Don't forget that you can now follow me on instagram, twitter, facebook, bloglovin' etc by clicking my new green link buttons in the top right corner of the blog!! 

And leave a comment telling me what your favourite type of nail polish is and/or how you remove your glitter polish?

No comments:

Post a Comment